Happy 313th birthday to the City of Detroit. Known as the birthplace of Motown and modern transportation, it was founded by Antoine de la Mothe Cadillac in 1701. In the past and even more recently Detroit has had its share of ups and downs but through it all, this amazing city yet survives. In honor of this great achievement, we invite you to get to know 3 of the city’s best luxury accommodations. Plan a trip to the “D” and do it in style at one of the top five posh hotels.
Like Vegas only better, the MGM is a AAA Four Diamond rated hotel. A Green lodging rated, trip advisor rated and Forbes 4 Star ranked hotel experience located just 20 minutes from the heart of Detroit, this luxury hotel is an entire experience in itself. A full service concierge style experience, MGM prides itself on offering its guests only the best. Conveniently located close to major sporting venues and other popular attractions, the MGM Grand is the first Las Vegas style destination ever to open in a major metropolitan area. From its LED parking demonstrating its commitment to the environment to its luxury accommodations, concierge, world class restaurants and award winning casino, demonstrating its commitment to its clients, MGM is truly one of a kind.
A Gamers Paradise
Over 4,000 of the latest slots, video poker and over 90 table games make this hotel/resort and experience all its own.
The Henry Autograph Collection is an exercise in luxury at its finest. Located in the Dearborn a popular Metropolitan Detroit area, the Henry offers modern luxury and contemporary convenience. Situated just miles from popular Detroit attractions including the Henry Ford Museum and the DIA, it is easy to plan your trip and enjoy a short commute to and from your luxury accommodations. Named after US Veteran Henry Dearborn, the Henry is elegant and modern and unmatched in terms of service and amenities. Recent awards include:
- #1 Hotel in Michigan, given 2013 by U.S. News Best Hotels in the USA
- 2014 Winner of Trip Advisor’s Certificate of Excellence (Thank you for writing online reviews!)
- 2013 Western Region Hotel of the Year, by Marriott Hotels International
- 2013 Autograph Collection Hotel of the Year, from Marriott Hotels International
- Best Hotel for Meetings in Michigan under 500 rooms, by Michigan Meetings Magazine
An Art Lovers Dream
Its most unique feature is its stunning art collection. On every wall, visitors will see stunning artwork created by the worlds most famous artists including Picasso, Rembrandt and Renoir. Other featured artists including Peter Max and local artists including April Wagner.
Last but certainly not least in our countdown is The Townsend Hotel. A four star, four diamond luxury hotel resort located in the Metro Detroit suburb of Birmingham, the Townsend is a European styled getaway founded over 20 years ago. Known for its exceptional amenities and spacious suites, it is also conveniently located. Featuring 150 finely appointed rooms, each of which affords only the finest in luxury, visitors enjoy more than just the views. 300 thread count Egyptian cotton sheets, custom made Italian duvets, spa product and Bose radio are just a few of the many reasons to love the Townsend. A ballroom, award winning pastry chef, afternoon tea and innovative designs further set it apart.
Some of its most recent awards include:
- 2014 Forbes Travel Four Star Award
- 2014 Forbes Travel Guide “Recommended” Award – Rugby Grille
- Wine Spectator – 2014 Restaurant Awards: Award of Excellence Winner
- 2014 Best of Detroit – HOUR Detroit – Hotel – Suburb
- 2014 Certificate of Excellence – 2014 Winner – TripAdvisor
- dBusiness – Top Hotels In Metro Detroit
- dBusiness – 81 Top Restaurants in Metro Detroit for Business – The Best Tables & Private Rooms in The Region
- Certificate of Excellence, 2013 Winner, TripAdvisor
- Wine Spectator – 2013 Restaurant Awards: Award of Excellence Winner
A Food Lovers Dream
From its bakery to its English tea to its world class restaurants, food is never far from the minds of those who visit the Townsend. The Townsend Bakery features award winning pastries and tortes, while the afternoon tea in the lobby provides a unique and traditional English experience. For dining, the Rugby Grillle features world class food and a classical setting that make it an experience you won’t soon forget.
Detroit Luxury Hotels An Island Trader Vacations Review
Detroit has had its share of ups and downs but one thing it has continued to do throughout it’s history is treat is visitors right. Enjoy the lap of luxury in Detroit when you go and be surprised what you have been missing.